A “Zen Den” is a popular concept that is centered on creating a healthy, peaceful and meditative space within your home. It’s all about building stronger mental health to carry you through the chaos of daily life. Who wouldn’t want a zen den they can find peace in?!
Mental Health and Weight Management: The Connection
Before we dive into the specifics of creating your own personalized zen den, let’s talk weight management and mental health. Did you know that you are much more likely to find long-term success with weight if your mental health is at its peak?
Many moments in your weight journey will require a sound mind. From toughing out the rough patches to finding focus in your everyday routine, you will need a strong mind. Stress, anxiety and depression will not only leave you feeling fatigued, but affect others parts of your physical health. If you want to find maximum health in all areas of life, your mental health matters.
How to Create Your Own Zen Den
You don’t need much to create a special room in your home dedicated to well-being and mental health. Consider these tips for building a space that works perfectly for you and your family:
- Designate a Space – Will your zen den be an extra bedroom? A corner of your home? Your back patio? Choose a space that fits your individual needs.
- Choose neutral colors – From the paint on the walls to the lights in your space, go for neutral, soft tones to lift your mood and inspire creativity.
- Sprinkle-in Nature – From fresh plants to flower cuts, water features, sand and crystals, incorporating nature into your space can help you feel grounded.
- Rid of Clutter – A messy room often leads to a messy mind. Make sure you clear this space of obvious physical distractions and keep it clean and organized.
- Furnish Your Space – Beyond nature, what else calms and inspires you? Maybe it’s artwork, specific furniture, textiles or sound. Craft this space to fit your needs.
- Lay Some Ground Rules – What will you use this room for? If it’s for meditation or relaxation, don’t bring work or other baggage along with you.
Want More Tips for Creating Your Perfect Zen Den?
You can find additional tips just about everywhere – from magazines to online blogs and even in healthcare settings! For starters, check out this blog post from FreshHome.