FIND A HEALTHCARE PROVIDER TO TALK ABOUT YOUR WEIGHT AND HEALTH
Find an obesity care provider to talk about your weight and health today.
Understanding how weights impacts your health and the benefits of weight management is important. It is also important to know that weight management is not something you need to face alone. Weight and weight loss are complex issues. Your healthcare provider can help you better understand the different reasons for weight gain as well as best options for your weight management journey. To help you find a healthcare provider, Obesity Action Coalition launched the Obesity Care Locator. With this resource, finding the right healthcare provider is a click away. How easy is it to use?
- Bariatric Surgeon – A bariatric surgeon is a surgeon who specializes in
bariatric surgery, also called weight-loss surgery.
- Dietitian – A registered dietitian (RD) is an expert in nutrition and food information. They can help you learn about food, how to plan a healthy diet and how eating a healthy diet can improve your health and help fight disease.
- Nurse Practitioner – A nurse practitioner (NP) is a licensed clinical nurse who can treat patients without the direct supervision of a physician. A NP is able to prescribe medications, examine patients, diagnose illness and provide treatment.
- Physician – A physician (MD or DO) is also commonly called a doctor or medical practitioner. A physician has completed medical school and is a medical professional who focuses on maintaining or restoring a patient’s health.
- Physician Assistant – A physician assistant (PA) is a medical professional who can diagnose illness, provide a treatment plan, prescribe medications, and serve as a principal healthcare provider.
GET HELPFUL TIPS
Prepare for your next appointment with resources from the Your Weight
- Valuable tips on what to bring to your consultation.
- Questions to ask in order to have an honest conversation about your
weight and health.
FILTER BY LOCATION
Convenience is key
- Use your zip code to do a quick search.
- Find healthcare providers near you.