March has officially arrived with spring on its coattails, and it’s also National Nutrition Month®! Throughout the coming weeks, the Obesity Action Coalition (OAC), Producer of the Your Weight Matters Campaign, encourages you to take a closer look at your personal habits and discover the transformative powers of food and nutrition.
About Nat. Nutrition Month®
National Nutrition Month® is an annual nutrition education and informative campaign created by our friends and partners — the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND). Per AND’s website, the Campaign is celebrated each March and focuses its attention on making informed food choices and developing sound eating and physical activity habits.
For more info on National Nutrition Month®, please CLICK HERE.
These are Nutrition Basics!
In today’s world and diet culture, the topic of nutrition often gets muddied. What should you eat? What’s allowed or not allowed? Who can you trust to improve your habits?
National Nutrition Month® breaks some of this info down for you and gives you these key messages to use in your journey with weight, health and nutrition:
- Discover the benefits of a healthy eating style.
- Choose foods & drinks that are good for your health.
- Include a variety of healthful foods from all food groups on a regular basis.
- Select healthier options when eating away from home.
- Be mindful of portion sizes and what’s right for you.
- Keep it simple. Clean eating doesn’t have to be complicated.
- Make food safety part of your everyday routine.
- Help reduce food waste by considering what you have on hand before purchasing more.
- Find activities that you enjoy and be physically active most days of the week.
- Consult the nutrition experts. Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) can provide sound, easy-to-follow personalized advice to meet your lifestyle, preferences and needs.
Throughout National Nutrition Month®, we’ll be collaborating with trusted RDNs and dietitians to debunk common nutrition myths, answer frequently asked questions and offer valuable nutrition education. So, stay tuned for great info and put your best fork forward!
How to Get Involved
Throughout March, tune-in to the OAC and Your Weight Matters Campaign and SHARE what you learn about nutrition! Everyone can benefit from these key messages.
To get more involved with National Nutrition Month®, CLICK HERE for resources to help with social media, events, presentations, PSAs, blogs, newsletters and more — all proudly brought to you by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.