Since November, festive holiday happenings have occupied your time. A gathering here, a holiday work lunch there, and perhaps even a short vacation to spend time with loved ones.
With all the chaos, it’s normal to have fallen off the wagon and steered away from your usual routine. But with a new year just around the corner (less than a week!), it might be time to reign-in any distractions and make a new game plan for January and 2019.
The Holidays are Ending… What Now?
You’re not alone if you feel like the past few weeks have vanished before you. Most people report feelings of disorientation, poor focus and a little anxiety about what comes next. Don’t let those feelings keep you off your feet for too long! Consider these tips for getting back on-track.
- Clean Your Kitchen – If you don’t plan on munching on many more holiday goodies, why not donate them? Throw out everything that doesn’t normally belong in your kitchen, then stock up on nutritious nibbles.
- Create a Fitness Plan – Consistency is key! Find the time of day where you’re least distracted and use that time to squeeze in some physical activity.
- Find an Accountability Partner – You’re likely not the only one in a post-holiday slump! Find a friend, family member or co-worker to be your accountability partner and remind you of your goals. Don’t forget to support them, too!
- Make a Goal List – Goals written down are the stepping stones of progress. Before the New Year, create a list of SMART goals you want to achieve in 2019.
- Easy on the Alcohol – The holidays are notorious for food and drinks, but afterwards, you might want to set a stricter limit on the amount of alcohol you consume.
Getting back on track can sometimes be harder than just beginning. Equip yourself with the above tools and strategies to find your healthiest self at the start of the New Year!