Everyone knows that physical activity is key to total wellness as well as any weight management plan. But if you’re just getting started or you’ve been off the wagon for quite some time, you may be wondering, “How hard will it be to get into the swing of things?”
Building a healthy amount of stamina, or physical/mental strength with sustained power and endurance, will help you become accustomed to any new fitness routine. Stamina helps you start a workout and finish that workout with the best possible results.
6 Ways to Build-up Stamina
But let’s be honest — working up the energy to start a workout or start your day is hard enough, much less keep it going! Consider these helpful tips for greater energy and endurance:
- Don’t Skimp on Sleep: Sleep is critical because it presses the “reset” button on your body. You gain energy from sleep that boosts both your brain and body function.
- Drink at Least 60 oz of Water Per Day: Stay hydrated to stay energized! Water helps your organs function properly, and it replaces bodily fluids lost from sweat.
- Combine Exercise Types: Don’t limit your workouts to one type of exercise. Make sure your routine consists of cardio, flexibility and strength training. This way, you’re working all areas of your body and expanding your range of ability/movement.
- Choose Foods for Fuel – You won’t last long throughout the day if your body is trying to run off donuts you ate for breakfast or the fast food meal you might have had for lunch. Make sure you’re choosing lean, energy-dense foods with plenty of protein and healthy carbohydrates.
- Maintain Balance – If you’re exercising consistently, that’s great – but don’t forget that your body needs some R & R! Rest and relaxation helps you rejuvenate, repair torn muscles and maintain energy.
- Use Interval Training – Alternate between different types of exercises in a given period of time. For example: Maybe you walk for two minutes, then stop to do jumping jacks, then walk for two more minutes.
A lot of factors go into a creating a healthy lifestyle and a successful workout, and stamina is one of them! Stamina helps get you through the day, maintain and active lifestyle and stay on course through weight management. It can also be both physical and mental, so make sure that in addition to improving your physical health, you’re working on your mind too!