With the arrival of Fall and the holiday season soon approaching, you may be asking yourself where the year has gone. At this time, it’s normal to reflect back on the months that have passed since the New Year. How would you describe your weight management journey thus far?
Assessing Your Progress
If you have a specific goal in mind, it helps to do regular progress assessments along the way. This helps you determine where you’ve succeeded and what areas may need more improvement. Ask yourself these important questions:
- How does your overall health compare to when you first started?
- How do you feel physically, mentally and emotionally?
- What barriers have you struggled to overcome?
- What challenges have you conquered, and how did you conquer them?
Sure, you can measure progress by a number on a scale or the size of an article of clothing. But remember — your weight matters for your health. Keeping health in mind, it’s important do determine just how far you’ve come this year or throughout your weight management journey.
Is it Time to Hit the Fall Reset Button?
If any of the above questions leave you feeling less-than satisfied, it may be time to switch things up a bit. As a matter of fact, everyone can benefit from a healthy “spark” to shake up their routine and give them motivation!
The arrival of Fall is a favorite time for many. Cooler, crisper air and festive activities make for a wonderful time to add some change to your life and your weight management journey. Looking to hit the “reset button” and find a new beginning? Consider these tips:
- Begin a New Cookbook – It becomes easy to eat the same meals over and over again when we’re tired and running on busy schedules. Challenge yourself to create new recipes and spice up your plate.
- Develop New Goals – It’s healthy to have aspirations that keep you moving and determined. Maybe Fall is just the right time to write down some of your new goals – whether it’s for your weight, health, career, family, etc. For tips on developing S.M.A.R.T. goals, CLICK HERE.
- Do a Fall Cleaning – Spring isn’t the only season for clearing out your clutter. Take a look at your closet, refrigerator, pantry and home to see what can and should be thrown out. Then, devote some time to starting fresh with new items (foods, clothes, workout equipment, etc.)
- Buddy-up – Chances of weight management success are much higher when you have a support system. Ask a loved one if they would like to come work out with you, cook with you or just give you company.
- Go Outside Your Comfort Zone – Nothing shouts “adrenaline” than traveling outside your comfort zone. Try doing something you’ve always been hesitant to do! Are you not much of a gym person? Consider a one-day visit to try it out. Are you afraid to dance? Try taking a hip hop dance class to get you moving.
Cheers to a new season, new goals, new experiences and a new you!