2019 has finally arrived after much anticipation! New year, new you… right?
This time of year, most of us are inspired to take out our stationary and set a list of goals for the new year. While New Year resolutions can be controversial, all of us can generally agree on one thing: this is a great time to reflect on what you’d like to improve upon in these next 12 months.
Health in the New Year
It probably comes as no surprise that at the top of many New Year Resolution lists it weight-loss and improved health. Although many goals that people write down can be lofty and unrealistic, aspiring for better health is a sensible and admirable goal. Improving our health gives us longer, happier lives. So how can you ring-in the new year with your healthiest self in mind?
- Write down and display a list of realistic 2019 goals
- Throw out any junk and clutter from the previous year
- Go grocery shopping to stock your kitchen with nutritious foods
- Make mental health a priority alongside physical health
- Analyze what worked and what didn’t in the previous year
- Create a motivating workout music playlist
- Schedule an annual exam with your healthcare provider
- Find an accountability partner to communicate your goals with
- Build an exciting fitness plan you can stick to
We all start out the new year with the very best intentions, but it’s only natural for those intentions to slide away from us at times if we get unfocused. But you don’t have to aim for perfection — only progress.
Try to consistently take steps forward and be proud of your performance. No matter your health goals for 2019, we all have one thing in common: we want to improve our health and the quality of our lives. There’s always room to discover and do more!