The Obesity Action Coalition (OAC), Producer of the Your Weight Matters Campaign, is excited to announce that registration and housing are now open for the OAC’s Your Weight Matters Convention & EXPO — taking place August 1-3 in Tampa. There is no better time than right now to make your plans for attending this one-of-a-kind event you’ll love!
YWM2019 is unique in that it offers:
- REAL EXPERTS – Discover top-notch weight and health education presented by the nation’s leading physicians, researchers, scientists and other industry experts.
- REAL PEOPLE – Meet other people invested in their health who understand your goals and challenges in your journey with weight.
- Real SUPPORT – From listening to a speaker who is also a healthcare provider or a new friend you meet chatting before a session or event, YWM2019 is a welcoming and safe place to seek the tools and encouragement you need in your health journey.
Education You Can Trust
Our YWM Program Agenda includes a diverse range of weight and health-related topics that were carefully picked to reflect and apply to your everyday questions, challenges and goals. Here’s a glimpse at some of the sessions you’ll get to experience:
- Understanding What Drives Hunger: The Connection between Your Brain and Appetite – presented by Carl Roberts, PhD, MRes, BSc
- Exercise: How Much Does it Really Take? – presented by Tim Church, MD, MPH, PhD
- Using Your Values to Empower Healthy Change with Acceptance-based Therapy – presented by Jason Lillis, PhD
- And much more! CLICK HERE to see the full YWM2019 Program Agenda.
Make Your Plans to Attend
You can Register Now, starting at $50/day and $105 for Full Convention registration. Also, don’t miss your chance to win a FREE 3-night stay at our host hotel where the Convention is held! Simply register by March 20 to be automatically entered in this housing drawing.
The OAC Convention Room Block is also officially open! Reserve Your Room for just $145/night (single/double occupancy) at the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina, right in the center of downtown along the beautiful Tampa Riverwalk.
EARN CE CREDITS!
Nurses and some health professionals have the potential to earn up to 18 CE credits while attending Convention to maximize its value. CLICK HERE to determine your eligibility.
NEED FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE?
Scholarships are now available to help individuals who want to attend Convention but are unable to afford the cost of registration and travel. Learn more about the OAC’s Convention Scholarship Program to help make attending YWM2019 a REAL possibility!