Did you know that women are more likely than men to visit the doctor for annual examinations and preventative services? Surprisingly, gender is one of many factors that influences healthcare in our country. Men’s Health Month seeks to change that.
June marks the special recognition of Men’s Health Month, which aims to heighten the awareness of preventable health problems and encourage men and boys to be proactive with their health at any stage. It also serves as a great reminder that health matters at any age, any gender or race and any socioeconomic class. It’s important that we are informed about our body at all times!
How You Can Get Involved with Men’s Health Month
No matter our gender, we can all do our part to spread awareness about Men’s Health Month and encourage better health. Here are some simple and easy ways you can get involved:
- Schedule a Wellness Exam – Make an appointment with your healthcare provider for an annual examination that assesses and addresses your overall health.
- Wear Blue on June 15 – On this day, wearing blue supports Men’s Health Month! Encourage your friends, family and co-workers to wear blue too.
- Measure Your Weight – Your weight matters for your health. Measuring your weight will help make you more aware of your overall health status.
- Use Social Media – Spread the word about Men’s Health Month on social media to raise awareness! Feel free to link back to this blog post.
- Talk to the Men in Your Life – Sit down with the men and boys in your life and talk to them about the importance of taking ongoing care of their health.
- Share the Your Weight Matters Campaign – Invite others to take the Your Weight Matters Challenge and take charge of their weight and health today!
For more information about Men’s Health Month this June, please visit Menshealthmonth.org.
Don’t forget: you can also share this Your Weight Matters Campaign PSA!