Whether you’re low on time, struggling to come up with healthy recipes or trying to meal-prep for the week ahead, anyone can benefit from giving their cookbook a makeover!
Having a storehouse of fresh and nutritious recipes on hand is an excellent way to stay organized with your nutrition goals. And, here at the Your Weight Matters Campaign, we’ve got your back! This month, we’re bring you some brand new recipes to add to your collection that are tasty, healthy and in-line with your weight management journey.
Add these Recipes to Your Cookbook!
- 5 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chopped vegetables
- 4 oz. shredded (cooked) chicken
- Oil spray – or butter/oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray muffin tins liberally with cooking spray of choice (or oil or butter)
- Whisk eggs with water in large mixing bowl, add salt and pepper
- Chop desired vegetables
- Chop cooked chicken (you can use rotisserie chicken)
- Add vegetables and chicken to eggs
- Pour evenly into muffin tins (use a ladle or 1/4 cup measuring for easy distribution
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can yellow sweet corn
- 1 medium red ripe tomato
- 5 cups chopped onions, raw
- 1 Florida avocado
- 2 fl oz. lime juice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons raw cilantro
- Drain beans and corn, mix.
- Add finely chopped onion, chunky tomato and cubes of avocado.
- Season with lime juice, olive oil and fresh cilantro finely chopped.
- Mix well, add salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons multi-grain pancake mix
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chives
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 green onion, diced fine
- Dash of salt
- A few twists of black pepper
- Mix pancake ingredients together. Spray non-stick pan with Pam.
- Cook on low until bubbles appear, and then flip. Cook until done.
Note: Makes about 8 pancakes which can be made ahead and then preheated. Also serves well cold.
Sandwich Ingredients (Used with Ricotta pancakes as the “bread”)
- Turkey (1/2 sice)
- Muenster cheese (1/2 slice)
- Avocado (2 slices)
- Tomato (1 slice)
Source: The World According to Eggface
Do You Have Nutritious Recipes You Would Like to Share?
Everyone can benefit from new and healthy recipes to revamp their plate. If you have any you’d like to share, go ahead and send them to [email protected]!