Father’s Day is around the corner. It’s time to think of a gift for your favorite men in your life! While it’s important to celebrate fathers, also try to remember the importance of great health. This year, think of gifts that can enhance their health, wellness, and overall wellbeing.
Give the Gift of Activity
We all know we should move more, and fathers are no exception. Find fun and creative new ways to increase movement and physical activity.
- Fitness equipment – How about golf clubs, a new tennis racquet, or a new pair of gym shoes? Some new equipment or accessories can help dad get moving and inspire the family along the way.
- Track his activity – A fitness tracker can be a big motivator by inspiring more movement. Many trackers can also measure heart rate, blood pressure and more.
Cook up Some Fun
Health and wellness starts with healthy eating. Some people think healthy eating is boring (it’s not), but Father’s Day is the perfect time to spice things up.
- Upgrade the grill and outdoor cooking: A big gift like a grill or Blackstone can be a great way to add variety to your everyday meals. Grilled fish, oven-fired pizzas and fajitas are just a few examples! Outdoor cooking can be a lot of fun. You can also think about gifting new grill tools or accessories.
- Consider spices or sauces: Spice up your diet with an array of hot sauces or spices to add a kick to your meals.
- Cook his favorite meal: Show your dad how much you care by making a meal you know he loves. Don’t forget to sneak in a few veggies and fruit.
Try Experience or Lessons
It’s easy to get stuck in a rut. Sometimes, experiences can go further than any physical gift can. Think out-of-the-box when thinking about gifts this Father’s Day.
- Lessons: How about spending a little time learning a new activity? Golf lessons, pickle ball lessons or a culinary cooking class can all be a lot of fun.
- Experiences: Family events can be a great gift to inspire fun and activity. Schedule a family bowling night, try axe-throwing, buy tickets to a sporting event, or take the crew on a hiking adventure. Time away from electronics and good old-fashioned family fun is healthy for everyone, especially on a day like Father’s Day!
Don’t Forget Mental Health
Mental health is important for everyone, even though men do not always openly discuss it. Time for relaxation and stress-reduction is always a great gift.
- Reduce stress: Gift ideas can include a yoga mat, essential oils, a candle or even a journal.
- Relax and rejuvenate: What is your dad’s favorite thing to do? Give him time to read a book, watch his favorite movie or relax on his own.
- Take some stress away: Everyone has a “to-do” list that is a mile long. Take some stress away from dad by crossing items off the list. Mow the lawn or take his car in for a wash and oil change. Little things can make a big difference.
Whatever you do this year for your favorite dad, enjoy the celebration!