Fitness through POUND?
No, it’s not about watching numbers move around the scale — at least not intentionally. POUND is a dynamic, rhythm-based workout trending in popularity across the country — and for good reason.
What’s better than an effective workout that leaves you feeling restored and rejuvenated? A workout that allows you to “lose yourself” in the activity without focusing on the number of reps, weights and minutes conquered. This unique quality is the inherent magic behind POUND, because it gives you the opportunity to let loose, get active and re-energize in a creative manner.
What IS Pound, Really?
You may already be acquainted with this distinguished workout if you’ve recently watched NBC’s new hit television show, This is Us. What’s the story behind this unfamiliar exercise?
POUND is a charismatic, total-body workout incorporating a variety of cardio-respiratory, conditioning and strength-training exercises into your routine. Its power-packed movements make special use of lightly weighted drumsticks which are specifically engineered for POUND, so instead of listening to music while you exercise, you actually become the music. In fact, you’re an integral part of it!
No matter what level of fitness you bring to the table, there’s something for everyone in POUND. A set of carefully-selected songs is used to guide you through your routine, while the drumsticks add a perfect amount of resistance to each movement. As you gradually work each limb and muscle, you get the benefit of a total-body workout and a fun-filled JAM session!
To catch a glimpse of POUND in-action, CLICK HERE for a special video.
How Can I Benefit from POUND?
The benefits of POUND extend well beyond just calories burned. Its mental and physical advantages are actually quite numerous, including (but not limited) to:
- Improves focus and concentration
- Increases higher level thinking and decision-making
- Boosts creativity and musicality
- Relieves anxiety and stress
- Strengthens/tones muscle and tissue
- Improves rhythm, timing, coordination, speed, agility and endurance
- Boosts the immune system
- Decreases blood pressure, chronic pain and fatigue
How Can I Get Started with POUND?
No matter where you are in your fitness journey, you can certainly benefit from incorporating POUND into your exercise routine. Here are a couple of ways to get started:
- Find a class near you. Your local gym, recreational center or fitness facility may offer classes specifically for POUND. To find the nearest class near you, visit POUND’s Web site by CLICKING HERE.
- Engage at Home. Additionally, POUND’s Web site gives individuals the opportunity to rock out in the comfort of their own home with a special DVD. The DVD offers a number of total-body workouts for all skill levels and comes equipped with a nutrition plan, workout journal and set of lightweight drumsticks.
Discover POUND at YWM2017!
This year at the OAC’s (producer of the Your Weight Matters Campaign) Your Weight Matters National Convention, you can dive into POUND hands-on!
The Convention’s diverse Exercise Program offers a comprehensive list of fun, engaging exercises suited for all experience levels, and we’re excited to bring POUND to the stage this year in 2017. Our skilled instructors help attendees learn to make fitness fun, and POUND is an excellent example of this important concept.
To learn more about and register for the Your Weight Matters National Convention, taking place NEXT month, August 10-13 in New Orleans, visit www.YWMConvention.com.